A specially designed, unique learning experience reserved exclusively for incoming freshmen students beginning their college career at the UW-La Crosse.
The Benefits of jumpstart
- Each cohort is limited to 25 students which allows for greater interaction with faculty and students. Your instructors are enthusiastic faculty members with a strong record of teaching at UW-L. They are professionals in their field of study and want to assure the success of first-year students and their transition to college.
- Numerous opportunities to interact in small groups with faculty members in the classroom and residence halls.
- Make new friends! JumpStart students live in the same residence hall and form friendships that last through their entire college experience.
- Get to know the campus and its support services to ensure success during the academic year. These include the library, tutoring center, career services, academic advising, wellness programs, student health, student government, and the Recreation Eagle Center.
- Enjoy the summer in the beautiful La Crosse area. With an abundance of natural beauty, woods, water and wildlife, La Crosse offers much in the way of recreation – golfing, hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking or swimming.