Collaborating and Engaging with Families
|Location:||101 Sky Harbour Dr., La Crosse (French Island), Wis.
Saturday, September 07, 2013
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Continuing Education,University RSS (Upcoming Events on homepage)
UW-La Crosse offers 1 UG/GRAD Credit
CI 499 Section 731 (UG) Course Description:
CI 751 Section 737 (GRAD)
This course is designed for early childhood professionals who serve infants, toddlers, preschoolers and Kindergarteners along with their families in a variety of settings. The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of best practices to support family engagement with an emphasis on anti-bias perspective. Participants will learn:
- Practices that support family engagement with attention to diverse families
- How to identify and address common barriers to effective family engagement
- Effective communication skills for working with families
- Practices to support the needs of families with children who are dual language learners or children who have special needs
This class is designed for active learner participation including discussions, activities and in-class projects to enhance understanding and apply content to real life situations. The course is composed of three Saturday sessions. Participants must attend and complete all three sessions in order to receive credit.
Course fee includes college credit. Upon successful completion of the course, each participant will receive a $50 stipend to offset the cost of this credit-based class. Public school teachers must follow district policy regarding professional development & stipends. Who Should Attend:
This is an innovative course designed to fit the needs of early childhood professionals.
- Child Care Professionals
- 4K/Preschool Staff
- Head Start Staff
- Anyone interested in services for young children
ENROLLMENT IS STRICTLY LIMITED! Registration deadline is July 26, 2013.