Art Specialists have the unique opportunity to reach all students within the school community. The visual arts contribute to advancing depth of knowledge of STEM concepts and vocabulary within a classroom. Art lessons can also aid non-English speakers with nonlinguistic representations that can reinforce STEM standards.
The arts also contribute to higher level thinking and problem solving as art programs or lessons can go beyond the Spatial/Mechanical, Logical/Mathematical Multiple Intelligences. Participants in this workshop will develop an understanding of the importance of integrating art into core subjects such as Math, Science, and Engineering Literacy. Participants will also be able to visualize, create and demonstrate specific lessons of art integration.
Classroom teachers without the benefit of an art specialist may also easily utilize these lesson plans and strategies in their classroom.
This presentation will include:
- Art lesson plans utilizing instructional strategies and cross curriculum experiences which can be used for Math and Science test preparation
- Art tips and strategies that integrate STEM concepts
Who should attend:
- K-8 art specialists and classroom teachers
- Pre-service teachers who plan certification for K-8
- Higher education instructors who teach in STEM or STEAM fields