Effective Treatment of Anxiety Disorders Workshop
The workshop will cover the identification and treatment of:
- Panic disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Adjustment disorder with anxiety
Both behavioral and pharmacological treatment will be addressed. The workshop will also address when the use of medications can facilitate or interfere with behavioral treatment. The focus of the workshop will be on practical, clinically relevant information.
The workshop will also consider anxiety in other conditions, from schizophrenia and depression to substance abuse and withdrawal. By the end of the workshop, you will understand:
- How to recognize the different kinds of anxiety disorder
- The basic behavioral treatment approaches effective in each condition
- How medication can be useful, and the limits of medication in each condition
Instructor: Ronald J. Diamond, MD
CEUs: .65 CEUs (6.5 contact hours) are offered through the University of Wisconsin-Extension.